In the Hindu tradition, Kalki is the name of the Tenth and the final Avatar of Vishnu, the sustainer in the Holy Trinity. As Kalki, Vishnu is expected to annihilate Adharma and restore the golden age of virtue, Satya yuga. The Source for this prophecy is Srimad Bhagavatham, written by Maharishi Vedavyasa, one of the sacred books of India.One possible date forecast for the advent of Kalki Avatar is July 27, 2014- a date which occurs within 20 months from the end of the Mayan Calendar on 21st December 2012. According to Maharishi Vedavyasa,
“ When the Moon, Sun and Jupiter are together in Pushya constellation in the sign Cancer, the age of Truth shall begin” (Srimad Bhagavatham, 12.2.22, 24).
The 4-cycle theory of Hinduism, viz., Krita yuga, Treta yuga, Dwapara yuga and Kali yuga is a line of demarcation in which there is progressive degradation of virtues in every succeeding yuga compared to the previous yuga. Kali ,being the last of the four yugas, is a yuga in which human values touch rock bottom. When the nadir is reached, Vishnu incarnates as Kalki to restore the world to a Golden age. It is this crucial point, which is scheduled to occur on July 27, 2014, in the opinion of certain erudite scholars.
The state of the world towards the fag end of Kalki Yuga would be so bad that many repulsive features would be seen everywhere. Some of these features are listed as follows;
1. Wealth, alone would decide the nobility of a person.
2. Righteousness would be established just by brute force, in accordance with the dictum, “Might is Right”.
3. Mutual liking would be the basis for marriage.
4. Cheating would be the order of the day in business transactions.
5. People would be greedy, lustful and merciless.
6. Rulers would exploit the people imposing heavy taxes.
7. Sanyasins would be extremely greedy for money.
8. Men will abandon their parents and their relatives.
9. One who indulges in jugglery of words would be considered a scholar.
Some scholars tend to take the view that Kali yuga is better than the other three yugas in certain respects.
1. In Satya yuga, if someone committed a wrong deed, the entire Kingdom would be punished; during Treta yuga, the entire town would be punished; in Dwapara yuga, the entire family of the wrong doer would be punished; in Kali yuga, just the wrong doer alone would undergo punishment.
2. In Krita yuga one’s wishes would get fulfilled by doing penance for 10000 years to get some benefit. In Trta Yuga one had to perform rituals( yagas) for 1000 years to get the same benefit. In Dwapara yuga one could get the same benefit by doing penance, charity, vows and worship for 100 years. In Kali yuga the mere mention of divine name would liberate a person from all sins and lead him/her to salvation.
Conversion of agricultural land into real estate plots would ensure that lesser land is available for cultivation. With land area dwindling and population increasing, food or fodder would be in short supply. In the absence of food, either Vegetarian or Non-Vegetarian, people would turn to cannibalism to survive. This would be the state of the world just prior to Kalki’s advent.
In the Pre-Kalki scenario, unethical practices coupled with greed and selfishness holds the key to success. In the Post-Kalki scenario, righteousness alone would triumph. Evil would be quelled and Adharma would be wiped out from the face of the earth. Primarily the advent of Kalki is to cleanse the world of its impurities. Just as a house – owner would like to keep his house clean, God, being the owner of this world, appears in order to clean up his property.
Nostradamus (1503-1566) was a French apothecary and seer who is best known for his book Les Propheties, published in 1555. In one of his famous quatrains, he wrote, “From the peninsula where three seas meet, Comes the ruler to whom Thursday is holy His Wisdom and might all nations will greet To oppose him in Asia will be Holy”.
Kanyakumari the Southernmost tip of India is the meeting place of the three seas viz Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean. Through this quatrain, Nostradamus predicted that a great leader would emerge from India, who would become a force to reckon with in Asia.
Sir Pothuluru Veerabrahmendra Swami was born on 25th November 1608 in Kadapa in Andhra Pradesh. He was the author of Kalagnanam, a collection of prophecies, which predicts the arrival of Kalki in the form of Sri Veerabhoga Vasantaraya.
Some of the significant predictions made in Kalagnanam are as follows:
1. After 5000 years of Kali yuga righteousness (dharma) would drastically decline.
2. Atheists would be there in large numbers.
3. India would be ruled by foreigners (This prediction has already proved correct as India was ruled by British for a long time).
4. Vijayanagar empire would lose its glory.
5. All food products would get adulterated.
6. Instead of Kings ruling over kingdoms, democracy would become prevalent.
7. Poisonous gasses start leaking and thousands of people will be killed ( probably this is a forecast about Bhopal gas tragedy).
8. Cultivation would not result in good produce; Cows would not yield milk. 9. Rice would be sold in small packets.
10. In the North, a person by name “Gandhi” will be born, who will bring Independence to India.( Veera Brahmendra Yogi had foreseen the Independence movement led by Mahatma Gandhi)
11. Tirupati would become very famous and Lord Venkateswara would become very popular among devotees.
According to Veera Brahmendra yogi, Kalki would appear in this world, 5000 years after Kaliyuga. In order to protect good people and punish the Sinners, Kalki would appear as Sri Veerabhoga Vasantaraya. Prior to the arrival of Veerabhoga Vasantharaya, the state of affairs would be such that strange events happen and there would be numerous calamities.
1. Fruits of hard work would be enjoyed by others.
2. In families there would be frequent quarrels between husband and wife.
3. Everyone would be prone to lust.
4. Aacharam (Religious tenets on discipline) would get completely wiped out and
Anacharam (scriptural indisciplinary acts) would be the order of the day.
As can be easily understood from the above list of forecasts, many of the forecasts have already come true and it is generally believed that the other prophecies would come true in course of time. One finds a rare confluence of thoughts between Maharishi Vedavyasa, Nostradamus and Veera Brahmendra Yogi.
Upon reading and understanding the theme of these predictions, it becomes quite evident that India is on its way to become a Superpower in this world and an economic powerhouse in Asia. The crucial date from which this process is set in motion is 27, July 2014.
The array of planets on this day is quite dazzling with two planets – Mercury in Gemini and Moon in Cancer- in own house and two planets- Saturn in Libra and Jupiter in Cancer- in exaltation. On the morning of July 27, 2014, Jupiter is at 8 degrees ,Sun is at 9 degrees and Moon is at 11 degrees, all three in Pushya Constellation. It is worth noting that Pushya star is owned by Brihaspathi and this star is considered very auspicious for all Muhurats , barring marriage.
Mythology, History, Destiny and Prophecy join together on this date ,making this an eventful day to watch out.